Monday, August 11, 2008

















Well, since my sister and mom always check my blog and are always disappointed that I haven't changed anything, I thought it was about time to post something up here. So Mom and Holly, enjoy...





This photo is from Coal and my photo shoot that we had in the all famous study at my apartment, lol. Although I was well aware that I was taking pictures, Coal on the other hand thought I was in the floor to play and give him lovin'. Our "photo shoot" was of course my attempt at procrastinating the cleaning of the bath rooms--yes, eventually they were cleaned.






Life is slowly starting to slow down and ease in to normality for me. My sweet little husband still hasn't found a job, but we are making it, so that is all that matters. He has had so many interviews. I think the count is up to 7 now, but no luck. I have a feeling he will find something for sure in the next couple of weeks; he has definitely put forth the effort to have already found a triple figure paying job, lol. He is now currently on a kick to get a 47" hd tv. I am not sure how this is going to work, but I am looking at him currently as I sit here writing this blog and I can tell him mind is realing with all the possibilities, lol.





Hard to believe, but our two year anniversary is coming up. I really hope we are able to do something special for it. Last year my sister and her husband went to the Melting Pot, which sounds like so much fun to me. I have been practicing my power of planting the idea in Craig's head, but unfortunately I think I might not have the power after all.





I do have to be honest with you, I have a lot on my mind. I contemplated writing about this for fear that some of my family reading this would think it was about them (but is not), but decided to write it any way because this is, after all, my blog. I get the feeling that a lot of my family and probably friends would like to tell Craig and me "I told you so" about us moving back to Alabama after a year in Texas. I have a couple of things to say to this statement. If you get pleasure out of saying those four words and it makes your life more bearable, then say it. I do not and will not ever regret moving to Texas. In fact, I miss it a lot. I don't know if you ever have those times where you sit and reflect like I do, but I can't get over how much that move allowed me to grow. Craig and I grew closer and became true husband and wife. I learned who I am and what I want to work on. I learned to be myself, something I was struggling with before. I met friends that hold special places in my heart to this day. I also say that I am proud of Craig and of me. We did something that so many people would not have even tried for fear of failure. Finally, Mom, I understand not worrying what other people think, because as you always say, "Opinions are like buttholes--everyone's got one.

Thanks Texas :)!

3 comments:

Holly said...

Okay....

1). YAY YOU POSTED FINALLY!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

2). I love you no matter what and support you in all that you do (unless you decide to be a stripper or something along those lines...ha ha). I am glad you and Craig gained so much from your move to Texas. You were able to turn a fearful and unknown situation into a lifelong blessing. :)

3). I love your photo shoot with Coal. I have to say...I would like to see a picture of Coal with his new blanket. It would make Aunt Holly happy to see the Moal so excited about his blanket! :)

4). I am glad you got around to cleaning your bathrooms...I could smell them all the way at my apartment...JUST KIDDING :) LOL

5). I just love you and I am so thankful and blessed to have such a wonderful sister and friend like you :)

Holly said...

P.S. I think I am the one who says that saying...but you can give Mom credit for it :)

jet1960 said...

Yay! A post! What is that now, a total of 3! Cute pictures of you and Moaly! He is Grana's favorite grand doggy!

Just to let you know that I am and always will be proud of you, exceptions having been noted by Holly! You are a special daughter and person. Don't know how you came out that way with parents like yours!

You've both been very courageous! I pray for you that all will be settled down for you, at least as far as jobs go.

BTW, check my blog out. I posted one of those pictures of you and one of Holly with the fish.