Saturday, July 12, 2008

Don't Know What to Feel.

You know what because I don't, and I am starting to think I will never get life calmed down here at the Nolen house. Not that anything in particular is going wrong, it is just that things are not what we want.

To fill everyone in, Craig and I have made it back to Alabama and have everything in the apartment. I would like to say that after over a month here we have everything unpacked, however, we haven't been as good with the unpacking this go around as the last move. What is unpacked is all credited to my wonderful sister, Holly. I honestly don't know what I would do without her to cope with all this change. She is such a good little worker and presses on even when she is tired. My tendency is to give up when things get hard because I get too overwhelmed.

My hubby still hasn't been able to find a job. He has had several interviews, but no leads yet. Our savings is slowly dwindling away. I keep my head up with the faith that God is guiding us, while the blind folds of life's hardships cover tightly over our eyes. I asked that each of you that reads this post prays for our family. Pray that Craig finds a job that he loves with all his heart, and that he loves to go to most days. A job that will provide for our family, but at the same time provide for his sense of accomplishment in himself.

Ugh... I feel that this post will be forever long. It might be a two part session for those of you pressed for time. There is a lot going on in my mind tonight. Craig's family visited today, and it was so good to see them. We always have a good time when they come over, so that was definitely a highlight to the day. Seeing them reminds me of my family. Goodness. That is all I have to say. Not for my Mom and Dad, but for my extended family. Tough life situations are facing several of them right now and it breaks my heart to be on the outside looking in. I pray for them; however, my prayers often consist of me crying to God to intercede in a way that only He knows how because my human brain can't see a solution (which I know is when God works best.)Seems like here lately I have been faced with those tough questions that you don't know the answer to. I suppose this is where faith steps in and takes over where doubt, if left in controll, could surely lead astray.

Craig and I so long for stability. I want a church family--a church that we feel at home with. I long for us to be at a point in life where we are some where for more than a year. Will we ever find that place?........

2 comments:

jet1960 said...

Sorry, I'm just now seeing your post. I guess I had given up on you ever posting again! I wish I could wave a magic wand and make everything better, as your Mom, but I can't, and that is one of the hard parts of being a parent, as you will find.

I have and will be praying, though, for God to work in your lives, as I know He is already. It's just hard to understand when going through hard times how that can be happening.

I hope we get to come down more once I go on the new work schedule, if nothing changes. I will be off every other 7 day period, working Wed. through Tuesday and then off the next 7 days starting the 30th of this month.

Always know that I am always proud of you and blessed that God gave me such a wonderful daughter and now a wonderful son-in-law.

Lots of love and prayers,
Mom

Holly said...

Sister,
I know that it is all working out just as God has (and is) planning it to. I also know that it doesn't make our anxiety and worrying cease, but just remember that he always works in every way that is best for us.

Thank you for your sweet comment. Even if we are unpacking, rearranging, etc...I love the time I get to spend with you so unpacking becomes a good thing to me instead of a bad thing :)

I love you, am praying for you, and I am here if you ever need anything.

Love you,
Little Sis, Marvin, Holly, etc. :)