Monday, July 13, 2009

Life is Always Happening!......

Well, It has now been over a year (I think) since I have posted. I decided that it is about time to write on what is going on in my life right now. Here we go!

First of all, after over a year of searching Craig found a job as a security officer with the company that does the security for the apartments that I work for. It is definitely taking some getting used to. I went to seeing him all the time to seeing him every now and then. I never have liked being by myself, and now most of the time I am by myself at the house......yuck, but thank goodness he is making money for us.

Second, my little sis and her husband moved to Texas. Seems like some part of our family is destined to live there! I miss her so much!!! No matter how much I miss her, though, I am so happy for her. God has blessed their move out there, and they have met so many wonderful friends and even found a church that they love being a part of. It is such a blessing as an older sister to watch her become a true adult. I know she is stressed about finding a teaching job, but the transformation that I have witnessed in her since the move is great. For several years she hasn't seemed herself and for the first time in a while I hear happiness in her voice--something she used to always be full of!! I can't wait to see her again!

The big news is that we are expecting. I should have blogged about my whole pregnancy experience, however, I just never got around to it. We are now at the end of the journey with a little over 3 weeks to the expected due date of August 9th! Talk about scared and excited. I just don't know if I am going to be a good mom or not! Can't believe that I am old enough to do this.

On a funny note for the day, my sweet husband has started being very over protective of me--I know much to the despisement of my poor brother-in-law. First of all, apparently being pregnant means that I can't do anything in Craig's eyes. He got called in to work today, and we needed to get groceries. We didn't need anything heavy, but Craig insisted that he call Blake to go with me to Walmart because he said that I didn't need to go by myself. If only it were have stopped there, however, it gets better. I decided after Blake left that I would take a nap. Sounded like a great plan. There were no distractions. Coal was in a calm mood. I left my cell phone in the kitchen to keep the distractions away. That was my mistake. Craig called over and over trying to get in touch with me and panicked. Poor Blake and Erica then had to come over to the house and check on me to make sure I was ok. I felt so bad for them!

Though an inconvenience to my brother-in-law and sister-in-law, at least I know that my husband is concerned and cares about me!

3 comments:

Holly said...

Sister!
I miss you too and cannot wait to see you! Thank you for your kind words about me on your blog. :) As a younger sister, it has always been nice to have such a wonderful older sister to look up to. Thanks for always being there to lend an ear.

On a funny note, I am still LOL about Craig! :)

I love you very much and cannot wait to see you soon!

Holly

Unknown said...

Haha.. It wasn't that much of a thing for me. I got grocery shopping that I needed to get done....done. I also got out of the house and away from work and my computer. It is still funny no matter how you slice it.

jet1960 said...

OH...MY...GOODNESS!!!!! She has finally posted on her blog!!!!! It has been so long since you had posted anything that when I got time to check my blog feeds list and I saw one for Emmey's Whimsies, it took me a second to remember who that was, lol!

So sweet that Craig cares so much! We won't get into how your father was.

I'm going to expect daily posts with pictures of Thomas in whatever outfits he is wearing that day, cause I know you won't have anything else to do but take photos and sit at a computer!

Love you lots!
Mom